I recently decided to try a little experiment and make some homemade peanut butter cups. My husband and I love anything that involved peanut butter, so I thought "why not?"
Things You Will Need
Reeses Peanut Butter Chips
Vegetable Oil (1 TBSP per bag of chocolate/peanut butter chips)
Mini Cupcake Baking Cups
- Pour chocolate into a microwave safe container. Mix in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and microwave until completely melted.
- Once melted, pour chocolate mixture into each cupcake tin until it is about half full.
- Pour Reeses Peanut Butter Chips into another microwave safe container mixed with 1 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil and microwave until completely melted.
- Add the peanut butter mixture into each cup until filled.
- Take a fork and swirl the chocolate and peanut butter mixtures together to make the design. Repeat in each cupcake tin.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour and then remove the peanut butter cups from the cupcake tins to serve
Caity Schenker is an entrepreneur from Newton, NJ. She is a woman of God, a puppy mom to a cheagle named Pepper, and married her husband Dan in October, 2015.