How To Make An Instagram Tab For Your Facebook Business Page

caity iphone instagram.jpg

In case you’ve been living under a rock, you might not have noticed that Instagram is one of the most popular social networks out there right now. Not only is it a way to share pictures of your dinner, your car, and your pets (guilty, guilty, and still guilty), but also it’s a great way to reach an entirely new market for your business. This guide will help you cross-promote your posts on your Facebook business page through a neat, custom tab in just a few quick steps.

1.    Create an Instagram account. If you don’t own a smartphone, then unfortunately you’re one of the 78% of the world’s population that this post won’t pertain to. To the other 22% of the world (I’m looking at you, 1.5 billion smartphone owners), you can download the Instagram app for free in the Apple App Store for iPhone users, or for free in the Google Play Store for Android users. Once you’ve downloaded the app, open it and click Register to create your free account.

Click the image to open a larger view.


2.    If you have an account already, then great! You’re ahead of the game. You understand how awesome this already is. From your computer, visit www.woobox.com and click “Get Started For Free.” 

You’ll be prompted to log into your personal Facebook account, which you can go ahead and do. You’ll need to accept the permissions that appear on the screen to ensure that Woobox can properly communicate with your page.


3.    You should now see the Woobox Dashboard with your business page on the left-hand side. Look near the top for the “Static Tabs” option.


4.    Click “Create a New Tab,” then choose “Instagram Tab.”


5.    Type your Instagram username in the box when you’re prompted to do so, then click the link to enable frequent updates. This will ensure that your most current Instagram posts are shown on your page. You’ll need to enter your Instagram username and password here to connect it to Woobox. When you’re done, click “Save Settings” to automatically install this on your business page!


6.    Your fancy new tab should appear right on your Facebook page near your profile picture. If you have other tabs, you may need to click this arrow to see it:

Click the image to open a larger view.


7.    Let’s see what it looks like!

One important thing to note here is the “Follow on Instagram” button at the top of the page. This is a great way to generate new followers from Facebook that may have never know that you were on Instagram! Also, the pictures being viewed in this custom tab can be opened to a larger view, “liked,” and shared, just like any other Facebook posts, so any interaction you gain on here will only benefit your page further! 


8.    If you’d like to further customize your tab, head back to Woobox and open up your Tab Settings menu. Here, you’ll be able to change the name and icon of your tab.

Well, that’s all, folks. An easy, customized Instagram tab for your Facebook business page. If you play around with Woobox, you’ll see that you can do all sorts of cool stuff, like generate Pinterest and twitter tabs (if you’re on those), and even “lock” your custom tabs to potential viewers until they like your page – pretty exciting stuff!

Comment below with any questions you have, and definitely send us links to your brand new tabs if this guide was helpful for you!

Dan Schenker

Newton, NJ

Dan is a Google Trusted Photographer, an ambassador for Insta360, and an aerial drone and event photographer based in northern New Jersey. When he’s not taking photos, he’s a dad and husband, a puppy dad, and a part-time time traveler.